Do you need to ship cars, furniture, or other household goods from the US to Dakar, Senegal? If you answered yes and don’t know where to start, look no further than this blog post.
The idea of moving large items to a different continent can be daunting enough to stop even the most courageous among us from taking the first steps. But it doesn’t have to be such a headache if you find the right international shipping company for your needs.
Located on the Cape Verde peninsula on the western most tip of West Africa, Dakar, Senegal is a natural connection point for both international trade and personal shipments for the more than 2.1 million African immigrants living in the US.
Whether you’re looking to move internationally or send furniture, cars, or personal goods to loved ones back home, you’ll need to know the basics. So if you need to start shipping effects to Dakar, Senegal –– here’s how to do it.
Gather Cargo information and find an International Moving Company
Before you start making arrangements for your cargo, you’ll need to gather the necessary information to provide your freight forwarding service. You need to know things like:
- The items being shipped and their quantities
- The dimensions of items and their total volume in cubic feet
- The types of services you need
- The size of the container you need
As you research the right freight forwarding service for your needs, keep in mind that if you’re shipping to Senegal (or if your cargo’s final destination is anywhere else in Africa), you need to look for a company that specializes in African countries.
The import/export rules and regulations are different from region to region and country to country, so it’s especially important that your freight forwarder has agents on the ground in your destination who understand the laws and protocols for clearing customs. At SenShipping, our knowledgeable and experienced team has years of experience with import and export to African countries, so you can rest assured we’ll deliver your container without any stress.
For more details on .how to find a reputable international shipping company, check out this blog post
Shipping A Car From the US to Dakar, Senegal
Moving a car across the two contents and the Atlantic may seem like an impossible task. Luckily, SenShipping makes shipping large items simple and efficient. Here are some things you need to know:
- Figure out all the details and dimensions of the vehicle(s)
- If you’re shipping one car you may only need a shared container, but if there are multiple cars or other large items you may need a full 20ft or even 40ft container
- Double-check that the vehicle is paid in full. It is illegal to export cars from the US on which you owe liens
- Double-check that the car has the original title (in some cases you may need its registration, too)
- There may be other requirements, so talk to our agents to understand the process
Because we’re closely partnered with reputable, big-name car auctioneers like IAAI, Manheim, and Copart, we’re able to get you the best prices on auctioned cars AND the safest, fastest shipping to Africa available.
Shipping Household Goods and Furniture From the US to Dakar, Senegal
Moving internationally and shipping goods to loved ones overseas can be an arduous process if your moving company doesn’t understand your needs — or your destination country.
We have on-the-ground agents in Senegal and across other countries in Africa, and we offer both consolidated shipments (meaning smaller loads in the same shipping container) and specialized services. This includes all your moving needs including warehousing, door-to-door delivery, unloading/ unpacking services, and much more.
We’re specialists in international moving who understand how important it is to maintain peace of mind during this process. Shipping cars may not be your only priority, SenShipping also moves furniture, personal items, and household goods. Here are some things you need to know:
- Figure out the complete details of your shipment (item types, quantities, dimensions, and
volume of everything together in cubic feet)
- Determine whether you need additional services like door-to-door moving, inland
transportation, or driveway delivery
PRO TIP: if you’re shipping large items to Africa, you don’t have to fill up a whole container. Instead, you can only pay for space you need in a consolidated (or less than full container load or LCL) shipment, which we can plan and organize for you.
Here are some things to remember when shipping a car or household goods to Dakar from the US:
- You don’t need to fill a whole container to use SenShipping’s service; we offer consolidated shipments if you don’t have a high volume of goods
- SenShipping specializes in international moving and ocean freight container shipping of cars, household goods, and furniture to Africa
- We provide inland transportation when you get to Dakar, Senegal, and can deliver your car, furniture, or household goods straight to your door
Why Choose SenShipping
SenShipping takes the hassle out of moving internationally.
We have agents on the ground all over Africa, who know the laws and can help you navigate the complexities of customs clearance, rules and regulations, and much more. With deep experience in this part of the world, we know how to select the best routes and the best carriers to provide you with peace of mind with your life’s most important cargo.
Whether you’re planning your next move to Senegal, or shipping cars, furniture, or other household goods to friends and family, SenShipping makes international moving and shipping easy. When you’re ready to get started, our knowledgeable team of international transport and moving experts will be available to effortlessly guide you through the entire process.